Are you looking for some knockout fashion to add to your wardrobe this season? Check out this year’s summer collection. It will add a little lighter comfort and style to your closet and is ideal for smart casual look.
One of this season’s best trends is the band collar. Yes, men’s banded collar shirts are back this season and you should give it a try. It will add stunning visual appeal to most casual outfits. And who doesn’t like a little extra style in their everyday wear?
What Is a Banded Collar Shirt?
A banded collar looks very similar to most other collared shirts with one big difference. Instead of a fold over collar, these shirts have a unique band that wraps around the neck. It looks a bit like you took a regular collar and folded it inwards instead of outwards, leaving just a small band.
The band is stylish, attractive and has a couple of benefits in comparison to a regular shirt collar. The first benefit is that you don’t need to spend hours stiffening a band collar as its structure is much easier to maintain in good shape. And the second benefit is that you don’t need to wear a tie with a band collar shirt, hence why is super comfortable for the hot weather.
Why is a Band Collar Great for Summer?
Band collar shirts are designed to be comfortable, light, and loose around the neck. You can find this style shirt in uncountable fabrics, in particular, light fabrics such as linen. Linen is a great fabric for summer as it allows for better airflow so you can stay cool.
The band collar is a comfy and laid-back shirt that looks great at casual occasions making it a versatile piece of clothing. You can wear it for your day-to-day activities, but you can also dress up and attend outdoor business events, go on a date, or on an even at the park. This casual look will take you almost anywhere you need to go.
Where to Wear a Banded Collar?
- Wear it to the beach: Pair your short sleeve banded collar shirt with a light jacket and shorts to enjoy the afternoon on a beach. This summer look is also great for any other casual, outdoor gathering.
- Wear it on a casual Friday: Pair your smart banded collar shirt with a nice pair of trousers, a belt, and formal loafers for a business look that will go well on a casual Friday. It is also a stylish look if you want to go for drinks or to the cinema after work.
- Wear it when out and about on a Saturday afternoon: Grab a linen band collar shirt to pair with your favorite pair of colored jeans or khakis for a trip to a coffee shop, restaurant, or bar hopping.
- Wear it on a casual-cool wedding party: Casual-cool weddings go wonderfully with a band collar shirt, pair it with linen trousers, a leather belt, a well polished Oxford shoes and finish the look with a matching jacket.
- Wear it on a business pick nick: You can also put on your band collar shirt when attending a corporate outdoor gathering. Just wear formal long shorts with it, plus a nice pair of loafers and matching belt. You can also put on a nice hat if the weather allows.
- Wear it on a street party: Street parties are friendly and you will fit right in with a band shirt. For this environment, you can go for a patterned shirt and match with light color shorts or trousers and finish the look with a sandal or boat shoes depending on the weather.
Try on a Banded Collar Shirt this Summer
As the temperatures soar outside, cooling things down will become essential. Keeping a few banded collar shirts around for when the weather is at its hottest is a great way to help you stay cool during all of those outdoor parties and long walks. No other shirt looks quite so smart and casual as the banded collar shirt. So get shopping and grab a couple to add to your closet this summer.