Long sleeve dresses, when worn correctly, make the wearer look stylish in it. But you will also see some who look unfashionable in it. Because of this, you are torn between wearing it to make you look good but at the same time, afraid that you might look frumpy in it. Don’t fret. There are ways to dress up in long sleeve to make you look fashionable.
Rocking a look with a long sleeve dress can be easier than what you have in mind. In case you are still skeptical and hesitant to get this type of dress, the tips below should help you reach a final decision.
As the golden rule of dressing; which has been discussed in many articles, you will have to go back to the basic. Finding the correct style that will suit your body type is the key to make a difference. And as you go back to the pointers that you may have read in the past, when you have determined your body type you can now start to dress up in a long sleeve accordingly.
Why You Should Wear Them
Wearing long sleeve dresses have benefits too. Some of these are as follow:
- It serves as another protection from the sun’s harmful rays. When you are outdoors and stay under the sun, it keeps you protected.
- It helps to make the arms slimmer by hiding those flabby arms.
- For a freezing cold season, a long sleeve dress help by protecting you from getting cold and still look good in it. So if you want to feel warmed but still wouldn’t want to separate from your faux wrap dress, opt for a long sleeved one.
- Wearing long sleeves help to counterbalance a plunging neckline or a short dress. That way you will still look modest even if you go a bit modern.
- As for the disadvantages, there is only one that is obviously known. During a hot summer day, wearing a long sleeve dress can make it even hotter unless you carefully choose the fabric and design of dress for the humid days.
Girls with wide shoulders and flabby arms would benefit from long sleeve prom dresses or long sleeve cocktail dresses. If you belong to this group, try to wear long sleeves to hide those unwanted sides. To help boost the elegance in your dress, try adding beaded necklines.
At work, you can still look sexy but not revealing if you wear a sexy long sleeve dresses. Long sleeves give a polished and modest effect to the wearer. A helpful note to remember is to wear neutral colors in the office so you don’t overdo the sexy look. And if you have to go out for a dinner after work, it can still be a great wear too, so you don’t have to change anymore. Just add a jacket and a belt and you are ready to go.
Since not all people are open to the idea, it may look a bit difficult to wear long sleeve dresses. However, if you know how to dress for your body type, you will realize that wearing long sleeves is not that difficult at all. Whether you will go to a casual party, work office, or a formal occasion, long sleeve dresses have a place in your outfit. The usual matchup with shoes and other accessories are equally important in dressing up. Things that should go with your long sleeve dress should be put into consideration. When all of these are considered, you can go wherever you need to go, full of confidence, feeling and looking beautiful.