There are a lot of reasons to love nature; it’s quiet, peaceful and evokes deep wonder. However, when you’re going to face the elements, you need a reliable tool to keep you alive. The Opinel #12 Explore is an extremely functional knife that is ideal for camping or hunting.
If you’re a true man of nature, then we wouldn’t expect you to be relying on a lighter to get your campfire going. With the Opinel #12 Explore, you won’t have to scramble for flint before the cold kills you since it comes with its own fire starter. Additionally, the cutting hook is useful for strings, ropes, and twigs. When you’re out in nature anything can happen and in the event of an emergency, the Explore’s whistle can alert others of your location.
This knife is well designed and thought out and enables you to do one thing without worry – explore.
- The most robust and functional knife or adventure, nature, survival, hunting, etc. Designed for immersion activities in nature, the survival knife comes with a fire starter, cutting or gut hook and a 110-decibel emergency survival whistle.
- Opinel's stainless steel blades are made of Sandvik 12C27 modified stainless steel. It is anti-corrosive thanks to the addition of chromium and requires no special maintenance. Its carbon content of at least 0.40% provides an excellent cutting edge. Each blade is stamped with the "Crowned Hand" mark. In 1909, Joseph Opinel chose the Crowned Hand emblem for his knives as a symbol to represent the origin and quality of Opinel knives.
- The handle is made of durable polyamide with a soft rubber grip.
- Invented by Marcel Opinel in 1955, the Virobloc safety ring is fitted to all folding knives as of the No 06. Cut out of stainless steel, the Virobloc has two sections, one fixed and one sliding. In addition to locking the blade open (safety in use), it is now possible to lock the blade closed (safety in transport)
- Opinel products are guaranteed under normal use and exchanged in case of manufacturing defects. Damage due to normal wear and tear or improper use are not covered by the warranty.