Some people think that jewelry is only use as body ornaments made of metal and stone, whether precious, semi-precious, synthetic, or imitation. This is not the case since some beautiful handmade jewelry like rings, earrings, necklaces, brooches, and bracelets can be made of ribbons, wood, paper, seeds, and other natural materials.
Using thread, solder, and other materials to attach parts together, a person can easily make a piece of trinket that will be a delight to the eyes. Some women prefer handmade jewelry for the following reasons:
- It is easy to customize. Most stores selling items made by the hand accept customized orders. There are several ways to customize a piece of trinket. You can have your name engraved on the ring or designed as part of your necklace. In addition, you can have some words of endearment placed in these pieces of jewelry items. Some women would like to restore the original appearance of a very old jewel that has already started to disintegrate. They make a drawing of the original and visit a designer to make an item that is an exact replica of the old one. The person making the item can also be requested to use a special stone like a birthstone or zodiac sign stone.
- If you have some handmade jewelry ideas, you can use it to ask a jewelry maker to make an ornament for you. All you need to do is to sketch what you have in mind and make some specifications as to size and color of the materials to be used aside from metal. These could be a piece of ribbon, shell, seed, carved stones, and sometimes, recyclable products. You can easily come up with a design that is unique and cannot be found in any stores.
- You can request for the thickness and weight of the metal in which a gemstone will be set. Some factory made items use very thin metal and the setting is very ordinary. Make a unique design of a mother of pearl jewelry by adding smaller stones to highlight the pearl. You can also use a ribbon with a big pearl set at the center to serve as pendant for your necklace or to use as brooch.
- You can spend your time wisely by making your own trinkets such as handmade beaded jewelry. Using beads and a strong kind of thread, you can make lovely designs for your children and friends. Cut costs for Christmas gift items by making beaded ornaments for the people you love. Your gift will be treasured because it is a product of your love for them.
- With the help of expert handmade jewelry designers, you can polish the designs that you sketched and create a unique kind of jewelry items that you can easily sell. This will help you earn extra income.
Benefits of a Handmade Jewelry
- It is unique. This type of jewelry is original because artisans can’t mass reproduce them. Even some might have same patterns; each will still differ from color, shape and sizes of the beads.
- It is more attractive than the one made by machine. The personal touch of the craftsman cannot be duplicated by sophisticated machines.
- It is fashionable and never goes out of style because they are in great demand and have a unique appeal.
- It is very affordable. They are not made by famous designers, so this jewelry is less expensive but of high quality because it is handmade.
Use your imagination and creativity to create handmade jewelry that is captivating and unique. This can be your way towards bigger earning opportunities.