If you are a petite gal, do not fret and think that you are unfortunate because you are not alone. As a matter of fact, several world-renowned Hollywood celebrities like Angelina Jolie, Reese Witherspoon, and Drew Barrymore belong to the petite category as well. Case in point, there should be no reason for you to be scared and not hunt for the perfect petite dresses that will allow you to show off your best assets.
Looking gorgeous in petite dresses may not be as hard as you think. Just like when you are wearing a faux wrap dress, dressing up the petite way only requires a few styling strategies. So if you are running out of fashion ideas, here is a quick guide that you can use to spruce up your usual look.
Styling Ideas for Petite Women
- To create an illusion of an elongated or longer physique, consider wearing dresses for petite women that have a V-shaped neckline or a scoop neck style. This is highly effective since you show off very little of your skin, hence you’ll look taller.
- Pick dresses that have sleeves which sit right at your shoulders. This way, your overall look will not appear dumpy or droopy. This rule also applies when you are planning to top the dress with a blazer and you want everything to blend in perfectly.
- If you wish to buy petite dresses with sleeves, might as well opt for three-quarter lengths. You may not be aware of this, but normally, this style flatters women of virtually all body types. Why? Because they emphasize the best sections of your arms.
- As for the dress’ length, ideally, it should be right or above the knee. So, if you have flawless legs, go ahead and flaunt it! Apply this rule if you are in the search for petite summer dresses. If the dress is for the workplace, however, it is preferable that you keep the length modest.
- A dress with excessive materials or too-loose fit is a big no-no. This is because it will only lose your nice petite frame. So instead of these, one with an A-line style or a shift dress with a nice belt will suffice.
- Have fun with prints. Day or night outs with the girls and boyfriends call for bold and lively dresses. Just be sure that the dress’ patterns are not very overwhelming and you are good to go.
- Petite prom dresses should be extra special because prom happens only once or twice in a lifetime. So, to ensure a stunning ensemble that is worth the second look, you must look for dresses with a waistline that sits just right on your actual waist. In this manner, your body shape will be emphasized well, and the dress you have chosen will look more flattering on you.
- In terms of footwear, wearing heels of at least 2 inches height is a must. Since you want to look more elongated, high heels will help you achieve a look of longer legs and torso effortlessly.
- Another easy trick to add height to your petite body is by wearing dresses with vertical stripes. Just so you know, stripes not only help in adding length, but also in making one look slimmer.
Being petite doesn’t really mean that you cannot look your best, especially every time a special event strikes. With the right petite dresses and proper styling strategies, achieving a glamorous ensemble should not be a difficult task anymore; but rather a fun routine that you would love to do every time you need to.