Are you familiar with a peplum dress? Perhaps you have already seen a one piece dress but looks like a two piece dress. It looks like a one piece because there is a ruffle attached to the waistline that covers the hips. The small pleated fabric which is attached to the waistline creates an illusion of a small waist and wide hips.
Since peplum dress has regained its popularity in 2012, it was thought that it would leave the trend in 2013 but it remained popular, and is most likely to continue for more years to come. As styles in fashion continue to evolve, the peplum became not just a one piece whole dress; it is now either a peplum top or a peplum skirt.
Tips on Styling with Peplum Dresses
The following are simple tips that you may find helpful when you wear peplums.
- Since peplums have a volume, it is recommended that you wear it with a fit pants or a fit skirt. If you are wearing a peplum skirt, wear a simple top.
- Accessorizing is also essential. You will notice that when you are in this dress, you’ll look more feminine. So take advantage of it and wear simple accessories. And to boost your looks, wear ankle boots. You may also consider carrying an oversized clutch with you.
- Be careful when you wear a peplum. Either you may look great on it or end up wearing it like a costume. If it looks like a curtain, by all means, forget it. Find a peplum that fits right and keep it as simple as possible.
- If you aren’t tall, a peplum will make you even shorter. So the trick here is to wear the peplum with heels or pumps.
- Also for women with short legs, it is best to wear a peplum with trousers. It helps add length to the body.
- You can also put a belt around the waist. It will make your dress more interesting and will definitely get attention. Whether you wear a white peplum dress or a black peplum dress, accessorizing it with a belt will certainly make an impact in your dress.
- A peplum skirt looks at its best in an above the knee length. It is best paired with ankle boots.
- While a peplum dress is best for hourglass shaped women as well as those with inverted triangle shaped body, you should give it a try too. There are ways to look good in it so better have one or two pieces of it.
Buying Peplum Dresses
You may not know it, but these dresses are widely available on various online shopping portals and are being sold in different sizes; ranging from petite size to plus size peplum dress. So no matter what your current size may be, there is always a peplum for you. So don’t hesitate any longer – the time to invest in a peplum dresses is now.
The good news is that like a faux wrap dress, you can wear it for office wear as well. Just stick to structured peplums in a polished pencil shape and you are all set.
As fashion continuously upgrades, you will never know when an understated fashion like peplum dress would again recover from popularity. In the past, peplums did not last as far as popularity is concerned. Surprisingly, they have regained their fame and now, they are seen worn by iconic celebrities in the showbiz industry. At the rate things are going, would you like to be left behind? Of course not.